Baked potatoes are one of my favorite recipes. I find that they go well with any kind of steak, fish or on their own. Recently i found some interesting ideas on how to cook them. After i cooked twice baked potatoes, that disappeared extremely quickly, i decided to make Baked potatoes with Guacamole.
Guacamole is a very popular sauce/dip among Mexicans and all the world. It represents a very important part of the Mexican cuisine. You can find the whole recipe here.
When i wrote the ingredients for this recipe i wrote the ingredients for the sauce and the potatoes. If you want to make just the sauce you probably know that it goes very well with nachos, tortilla, salads and other dishes.
- Peel the potatoes and wrap them in aluminium foil. Bake them in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning them from time to time.
- I chose big potatoes so that each one of them is a starter/side dish for one person. Choose any kind of potatoes you like.
- After the 30 minutes take the potatoes out of the stove. Let them cool a bit, so that you don't get burned while handling them, and remove the foil.
- For the Guacamole sauce you have to simply mix avocado pulp with all of the sauce ingredients. Here you have the full recipe and some fun facts about Guacamole.
- Slice the potatoes in half and put one tablespoon of Guacamole on top.
- Serve them warm.
Enjoy your meal!
Baked Potatoes with Guacamole Video Recipe