Broccoli cream soup is one cute green soup that took me by surprise. I wasn’t a big fan of broccoli (i still can’t say that i am) but this soup was so tasty and nutritious that i am going to make it again soon. I actually like more cauliflower which i eat raw, in soups, puddings, pickled etc.
And i was amazed by how quick and easy this soup is made.
All you need are two heads of broccoli and a few soup vegetables. I saw that many broccoli soup recipes start with broccoli boiled in vegetable broth, but i put the vegetables for broth to boil with the broccoli heads and made the soup.
I served my broccoli cream soup (vegetarian, without actual cream) with croutons.
- Roughly chop the veggies and separate the broccoli florets.
- Put a 5 liter half filled with water pot to boil. Once it reaches its boiling point add the veggies.
- Let it on medium heat until the veggies are fully boiled. Mine took 45 minutes to boil.
- After the veggies are boiled strain them. Keep a few ladles of broth in case your soup comes out too thick and you have to thin it.
- Over the boiled veggies add salt, pepper and olive oil. Mash them using a blender.
- I added four ladles of broth because my soup was too thick. The quantity of broth you decide to add depends on how thick or thin you like the soup to be.
- Serve it with croutons.
Enjoy your meal!