Brownies are by far one of my favorite home made desserts. I like eating them and making them. They are just …. yummmyyy. The first couple of times i made them i hardly caught a bite. Since then i make a double tray for my brownie lovers.
A brownie is basically a cocoa sponge square with a nice and shiny chocolate icing on top. It is pretty easy to do and i have an aunt that makes the best brownies in the word.
- For the cocoa sponge:
- flour - 400 grams
- sugar - 650 grams
- milk - 400 ml
- butter - 500 grams
- cocoa - 100 grams
- baking powder - 10 grams
- rom essence - two ml
- eggs - six pieces
- sugar candies - to decorate
- For icing:
- sugar - 100 grams
- butter - 50 grams
- milk - 30 ml
- cocoa - 50 grams
- rom essence - 2 ml
- salt - a pinch
First make the sponge:
- In a big bowl mix cocoa with sugar and cocoa. Add milk and stir. I mixed sugar with cocoa first because in this way the cocoa won't make lumps when mixed with milk.
- Add melted butter and rum essence.
- Mix the flour with baking powder. Sift the flour before adding it over the other ingredients.
- The add egg yolks one by one and mix.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites to turn them into foam.
- Add the foam over the cream. Mix very well.
- This dough is ready to be baked in the preheated oven for 30 minutes in a tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake it until those 30 minutes pass or until it passes the tooth pick test.
- After the brownie dough has baked let it cool completely until you make the icing.
To make the icing you need to:
- In a small sauce pan mix sugar with cocoa and, after that has mixed, blend in the milk, just like before, but in smaller quantities. Add the piece of butter and place the pot on the stove. Add vanilla essence and a pinch of salt.
- Let it boil a little until the butter melts and all the ingredients have mixed together.
- Arrange the icing over the brownie dough.
- Sprinkle sugar candies.
- Let it cool for a couple hours before serving it.
Enjoy your brownies!