Buffalo wings are a special way of making wings, American style. These wonderful wings are often served in bars because they are spicy and go very well with beer. What is so special about these wings is the spicy, sticky sauce in which the wings are coated, made with butter and spicy chilli sauce.
Traditionally these sauce coated wings are deep fried in oil, but just as popular is baking them in the oven, or grilling them. These are a great choice for meals with many guests because they are super easy to do.
Buffalo Wings Video Recipe
The history of these wings and their sauce is tight with Buffalo City, NY. On 22th July is celebrated in Buffalo, Chicken Wings Day.
These wings are so popular that there are competitive eating contests such as National Buffalo Wings Festival.
Wait and see how easy they are to do:
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Allergens : Tomatoes
- Wash very well the wings. Using a sharp knife cut in half the two parts of the wing. Remove the tip and give it to your dog/cat.
- Season the wings with salt and bake them in the preheated oven, on a tray covered with baking paper, for 35 minutes.
- While the wings bake you can make the sauce:
- Mix chilli sauce with melted butter and tomato juice.
- Take the wings out of the oven and coat them with sauce on all sides. Use plenty of sauce.
- Bake them again for 15 minutes. Be careful not to leave them too much in the oven because the sugar in the sauce will caramelize and then get burned very quickly.
- Serve them warm with french fries.
Enjoy your wings!