Quesadilla is a traditional Mexican dish made form a warm (enough to be folded, not hot) tortilla filled with all sorts of ingredients like different types of meat, salad, salsa, guacamole, onion, tomatoes, hot pepper and the most important ingredient, lots of cheese.
It is super easy to do. Tortillas are very quick to do, everything gets done very quickly :)). You can find the recipe for tortillas here. Basically you can fill the Quesadilla with everything you like. I made a Quesadilla with spiced chicken and grated cheese (i used a mixture of mozzarella, cedar, emmentaler that you can find in grocery stores, anyway use the cheese your like).
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 2
- Allergens : Flour
- For chicken:
- chicken drumsticks - boneless, 500 grams (or breast)
- butter - two tablespoons
- olive oil - two tablespoons
- cheese - grated (mozarella/emmentaler/cedar)
- salt - a teaspoon
- garlic - powder, a teaspoon
- oregano - dried, one teaspoon
- basil - dried, one teaspoon
- sweet paprika - one teaspoon
- cayenne pepper - to taste
- For tortillas: (8 tortillas)
- flour - 350 grams
- water - 500 ml
- lard - 70 grams (butter or margarine)
- baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- salt - one teaspoon
- As i've said prepare tortillas according to my previous post about how to make tortillas. If you don't have the time to make them at home, you can find them in supermarkets nicely wrapped and ready to go.
- Cut the chicken to your wish. I sliced mine in cubes.
- Season the chicken with all the spices and mix it very well.
- In a pan heat olive oil and butter. Nicely roast the chicken until crispy.
- After the chicken and tortilla are cooked you can start assembling your Quesadillas.
- Take one tortilla and coat one side of it with olive oil. Put the tortilla on a plate with the side coated with oil facing the plate (one of the next steps will be reheating the tortilla in a pan so that is why you should coat it with oil). On one half of the tortilla add plenty of chicken. Over the chicken add grated cheese. Close the tortilla over the chicken and cheese.
- Proceed like this until you finish making as many Quesadillas as you want (the recipe for Tortilla dough is for 8 tortillas, while the chicken and cheese for Quesadilla are for two Quesadillas).
- Put the Quesadillas in a heated pan. Turn them and let them for about 2 minutes on each side, until the cheese melts. (i am pretty sure you can make this step in the microwave oven)
- After this slice them in three parts and serve them warm.
Enjoy your meal!