Risotto is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. The rice gets cooked in stock, that may be meat, vegetable or fish based, until it gets to a creamy consistency. Most of the recipes include wine, onion and butter.
I decided to make risotto with chicken and red pepper. It's the ideal recipe for a quick lunch. If you like you can add more veggies to make it even more nutritious.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 2
- Rating4.2 stars - based on 5 review(s)
- Cut the chicken bite size. The onion, garlic and pepper are destined to be minced finely.
- While preparing all these let the rice soften in water. It will boil faster.
- In half of the butter saute the onion with garlic and pepper, in a tall pan, for about 7 minutes. Add chicken pieces over and let them roast.
- Add in the pan the strained, uncooked rice and let it fry a little. After that add a ladle of chicken stock. Let it decrease and add another ladle of stock. Continue like this until you boil the rice and finish the stock. Try to have the rice covered with stock every time you add some more stock.
- In the end add basil, salt, pepper, parmesan and the remaining butter. Taste for seasoning and let it until the butter melts. Turn the heat off and serve it hot with fresh parsley on top.
Enjoy your meal!