Chicken with white sauce is a pretty classic recipe. It’s origins come from the turkish cuisine. The white sauce is very similar to french Bechamel sauce. Either way it is a simple and tasty dish.
I have this recipe from my grandma that made the best chicken with white sauce. It is a great comfort food for all these upcoming rainy days. Try it out and give some feedback please.
- Wash the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
- Fill a pot with water and put the chicken to boil with bay leaves and all spice.
- In a non stick pot heat the oil and melt the butter in it. When it is heated ad over it the flour and fry it a little. Mix it very well so it doesn't make lumps. It will turn into a mass that you will thin with milk. Add from time to time stock from the chicken. Add two ladles of stock. It depends on how juicy you want the food to be.
- Add the chicken pieces and let it boil. Be sure to stir from time to time.
- When the sauce becomes thicker season it with salt, pepper and sprinkle fresh parsley, minced.
- Bon apetit!