Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts in whole wide world. Last time i made a cheesecake with cheese cream and sour cheese toping decorated with fresh strawberries. I have to tell you that i’ve barely got a bite of that cheesecake before my family devoured that. This time i am presenting you the mighty Chocolate cheesecake with chocolate mousse. I hope to eat at least a hole slice this time.
Cheesecake Video Recipe
It is a very easy to do dessert and incredibly tasty. You can also try my no bake Strawberry mini chesecake.
But remeber if you make cheesecake this afternoon you will be able to eat it towmorrow, after it's nice and cooled.
- For the crust:
- cocoa biscuits - 350 grams
- sugar - 100 grams
- butter - 300 grams
- For the cream:
- sugar - 375 grams
- eggs - 5 pieces
- flour - 50 grams
- mascarpone - 250 grams
- cream cheese - 400 grams
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- chocolate chips - 100 grams
- vanilla essence - 2 ml
- For the mousse:
- white chocolate - 100 grams
- dark chocolate - 200 grams
- rum - 70 ml
- sugar - 100 grams
- cocoa - 2 tablespoons
- liquid cream - 250 ml
First of all prepare the crust:
- Crumble very well the biscuits. You can crumble them using a food processor. If you don't have that you can crumble them using some baking paper and a rolling pin. Beat them until they regret they came to this world.
- Over the crumbled biscuits add sugar, melted butter and mix very well until the biscuits absorb all the butter and you have a nice tight future crust.
- For cheesecake use a round spring pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with the biscuits mixture. Even it all using the bottom of a glass or a measuring cup.
- Bake the crust in the heated oven for 10 minutes then let it cool a bit. Meanwhile make the filling:
- Using a mixer blend together mascarpone cheese, cheese cream, lemon juice, flour, sugar and vanilla essence.
- In this cream add one egg at the time and blend it in. After you add all the eggs (one at the time as i've said) add all the chocolate chips. Mix it very well and your filling is done.
- Pour the filling over the slighlty cooled crust and bake everything, at medium heat, for 50 minutes, until the filling is nice and harden. Don't worry if the middle of the cheesecake it's not very firm after the baking time has passed, it's ok, it will firm up once it's cooled.
- While your cheesecake get's baked you can prepare the mousse.
- In a heavy sauce pan add liquid cream and sugar. Add this mixture on low heat and mix it until the sugar dissolves.
- In the hot cream add chocolate and rum and stir very well. At the end add cocoa powder and mix very well. Turn the heat off. Your mousse is done.
Finish the cheesecake:
- Pour the mousse over the sligtly cooled cheesecake. Over the liquid mousse add melted chocolate and swirl it around using a toothpick and make a model.
- Bake it again for 10 minutes until the mousse is cooked.
- For the perfect cheesecake let it cool in the oven. Otherwise you risk to have it cracked right in the middle. After it reaches the room temperature cool it in the oven for at least 6-8 hours.
- After that take it out of the tray, slice it and serve it to your loved ones.
Enjoy your Chocolate cheesecake!