Crepes are one of the most simple things you can cook. Crepes are thinner pancakes filled with jam, ice cream or chocolate. The dough is pretty similar to pancakes dough, but much thinner.
Crepes with Quince Jam Video Recipe
I decided to fill my pancakes with quince jam. You can fill them with anything you like. My favorite crepes are filled with sour cherries jam or chocolate. Or both. They're just delicious.
Let's see how simple it is to do:
- In a bowl mix eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Add sugar and mix until it melts.
- Add flour, milk and sparkling water. A bit from each ingredient at the time. First flour, then milk, then sparkling water.
- The dough doesn't have to have any lumps, it has to be pretty liquid and silky.
- Preheat a pancake pan. Coat it with oil. Drain the extra oil in a cup.
- Add half a ladle of crepes dough and, very quickly, swirl around the pan for the dough to distribute evenly.
- Let each crepe fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Fill them with jam or chocolate and enjoy.
Enjoy your crepes!