Who doesn’t like crispy chicken? Check out my perfect crispy wings recipe.
The best crispy wings you guys had were from fast food restaurants right? But those are not healthy at all. I must confess that i didn't believe, until a couple weeks ago, that i could make, at home, wings that were better than those i ordered. Well i discovered a recipe that changed the way i think about fried chicken.
Let's start cooking!
- You need to cut the wings like this: first of all cut the wingtip and give it to your dog or cat. After that cut the wing in two parts. Separate the wing from the drumstick cutting into the joint with a knife. Do this with all the wings.
- Make a marinade with buttermilk mixed with mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Put the wings in the marinade and let them in the refrigerator from 4 up to 12 hours. Put them in a covered bowl or a zip bag.
- After you've marinated the wings preheat the oven at 300 degrees.
- Put the flour in another bowl. Take one wing from the marinade and toss it into the flour. Make sure it is covered very well with flour. Do this with all the wings.
- Until you finish covering the wings in flour make sure you preheat some oil.
- When the oil is heated put the wings in it and start frying. Let them for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden.
- After that i like to putt them for 5 minutes in the oven. I do that because i want to make sure the wings are cooked all the way through. This trick is very useful when you make crispy drumsticks or bigger pieces of chicken that are thicker. Put some baking paper on a tray and toss the wings over it. Let them in the oven for 5 minutes (or 10 minutes when you make thicker pieces of chicken)
- Serve them with french fries, salad, veggies and dip.
Enjoy your meal!