Fish fingers is a very popular dish in many places on this wonderful world. Fish fingers are, like they are called, little pieces of fish fillet, fryed in a crust made from flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Fish fingers are served with a variety of sauces. I chose to serve them with Tartar sauce, which goes very well with fish.
Tartar sauce is great sauce that goes very well with fish dishes. This sauce is made with mayonnaise, onions, pickled cucumbers, parsley and spices. It is super easy to do and very tasty.
There are many variations of this sauce that include capers, olives, Dijon mustard or boiled eggs.
The origins of this sauce are connected with the tatar people which is an umbrella term for Turkic people.
Try it with Fish fingers and tell me if you liked it.
- cod fillet - 250 grams
- bread crumbs - 100 grams
- flour - 50 grams
- lemon juice - from half a lemon
- eggs - 1 piece
- mustard - 1 teaspoon
- salt - a pinch
- garlic - 8 cloves
- pepper - a pinch
- For Tartar sauce:
- mayonnaise - 70 grams
- pickled cucumbers - 2 pieces
- parsley - a few leaves, fresh
- red onion - 1 piece
- pepper - 1 teaspoon
- salt - a pinch
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
How to prepare the fish:
- Cut the fish fillet in small pieces, about the size of you fingers, then let them marinate with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- While the fish marinates prepare the crust. Mix the egg with mustard, mashed garlic and add flour.
- Put the marinated fish pieces in the second mixture, coat them very well and let them marinate for another 10 minutes. Enough time to make Tartar sauce:
- You can find the recipe here, but i'm going to write it anyways.
- For the sauce make some mayo from two eggs using the recipe from here.
- Finely mince the onion, pickled cucumbers and parsley. Over these minced ingredients add mayo, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep the Tartar sauce in the fridge a little bit before serving.
Finish your dish:
- Coat each piece of fish with bread crumbs and try to shape it as evenly as possible.
- Fry the coated fish on all sides until golden brown, just for a few minutes.
- Serve the Fish fingers with Tartar sauce and some blanch potatoes.
Enjoy your Fish fingers with Tartar sauce!