As you probably know crucian is a pretty common fish. We find it world wide from England to Russia and from France to the Black Sea region. It lives in sweet water and it is pretty easy to catch, which is probably why it is not expensive.
In countries like Poland or Romania it is considered to be the best-tasting pan fish.
A friend brought me some crucian carp after a fishing trip. It was so fresh that i simply had to fry a few. I start to think that polish people know their fish because it was super tasty.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 3
- Allergens : Flour
- The fish i had was without scales or insides so i just had to wash it very well.
- I salt it and let it like this for 10 minutes.
- I mixed the flour with maize and coated the fish with the mixture.
- I fried it in hot cooking oil on both sides until crispy.
- Serve it hot with garlic sauce and polenta.
Enjoy your meal!