Greek salad or Rustic salad, is a very popular salad in all Greek kitchens and restaurants. I think that due to the globalization process so many ethnic dishes became popular all over the world.
There are many variations of “Greek” salads that have olive oil, olives, feta cheese, oregano or vinegar.
Greek Salad Video Recipe
The Greek salad for today has cucumbers, red pepper, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, olives and dressing.
Be careful to buy real, authentic feta cheese made from goat and sheep milk. There are many variations of "feta"cheese out there on the market and you might buy something that is only similar to feta cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 2
- Allergens : Tomatoes
- Slice the veggies according to your taste. I sliced them and used pitted olives. After you sliced'em, arrange them nicely in a bowl.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and put it over the veggies.
- Make a dressing by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add it over the salad and mix.
- I had some nice lettuce leaves in the fridge so i decided to serve my Greek salad on a bed of lettuce.
- This is one simple and very tasty salad.
Enjoy your meal!