So after i made these sausages (that came out great by the way) i decided to make some more, but in a different way. I have an Italian friend. I asked him for a recipe and this is what he gave me. Sweet Italian Sausages.
This sausages are made with pork and beef, seasoned among others with fennel seeds and nutmeg. For this you are going to need some pork casings and a little patience. Oh and a sausage filler or a meat grinder.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 8
Let's make some sausages!
- You will need some pork stock so for this, put to boil the two pork bones. The pork stock is used because otherwise the sausages will be too dry. Let the bones boil and remove the foam foam time to time.
- While the bone boils mix in a large bowl the two types of meat, spices, crushed garlic and minced parsley.
- After you mixed very well add 250 ml of drained pork stock. Mix and taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the casings for filling. Wash them and blow some air into them to be sure there are no holes.
- If you have a meat grinder like mine you have to remove the knife from it an attach the funnel for sausages.
- Roll one casing on the funnel and tie it at one end. After that you can start filling until you finish the meat.
- At the end, when you finished the meat, run trough the meat grinder a slice of bread so all the meat comes out.
- Let them dry over night in a cold place hanging on a wooden stick (like a broomstick or something similar).
Enjoy your meal!
- It will be perfect if you could leave the meat mixture over night in a cold place for all the tastes to blend in. After that make a meatball from the meat and fry it to feel the taste of your future sausages. Do this to be sure the mixture has all the spices it needs.
- The casings must be soaked in water with vinegar to remove the smell and make them whiter.
- Make sausages with the help of a friend. The filling is a two mans job.
- It is better to buy more casings than you think you need. It is better to have some more around if it's too much meat mixture.
Homemade sweet Italian Sausage Video Recipe