I don’t know if i worte this already or not, but i kinda love corn. I love it boiled, grilled, canned, popocorn and so on. I could eat a hole can of sweet, delicious corn with just a fork. So recently i wanted to make a new salad that includes corn. I also had in my pantry some canned red beans and some capsicums. I went and bought a few more ingredients, see them in the list below, and so came this Read beans and corn salad recipe.
I guess you know already that kideny beans have this name because of their resemblence to kidneys. These beans are very popular in USA, Mexico, India, Pakistan, etc. In Jamaica kidney beans are called "read peas".
This lovely kidney beans are very popular in dishes like chili con carne and red beans and rice.
Try my recipe and tell me what you think:
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 6
- green onion - 2 pieces
- red bell pepper - 1 piece
- yellow bell pepper - 1 piece
- red onion - 1 piece
- corn - 150 grams
- kidney beans - 250 grams
- salad mix - 300 grams
- For the dressing:
- lime - juice from half a lime
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- honey - 1 tablespoon
- garlic - 3 cloves
- salt - a pinch
- pepper - a pinch
- Finely mince the green and red onion, cut the red and yellow bell pepper into little squares. The intense color and rich taste are the main features about this recipe so use the freshest and colorful vegetables.
- Wash very well the salad and chop it.
- I used canned red kidney beans which i have drained and rinced.
- Add over the salad the beans, corn, red and green onions and red and yellow peppers.
- Make the dressing: mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, honey, mashed garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing very well and add it over the salad.
- Cool the salad in the fridge a bit before serving.
Enjoy your Kidney beans and corn salad!