Are you familiar with those moments when you crave for something, or you want to cook, but you definitely don’t want to leave the house? Well a moment like this is behind this tasty recipe. I was in the mood for pasta, but didn’t want to leave the house to buy ingredients, so i used what i had left in the fridge and pantry.
Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto and Mushrooms Video Recipe
Well in the pantry i found a nice bag of macaroni, flour, a red onion (use any kind you have), some bread crumbs and a few mushrooms from when i bough to many to make stuffed mushrooms. In the fridge i found, by miracle, a few slices of prosciutto (it was a miracle that nobody ate them), a tiny piece of Emmentaler, cream and some Parmesan.
Well i mixed and tossed them and so came to be this recipe.
Tell me if you like it.
- pasta - 400 grams (use any kind you have)
- mushrooms - 200 grams, champignon
- prosciutto - 50 grams
- Emmentaler - 100 grams
- red onion - a half
- Parmesan - 100 grams
- bread crumbs - 30 grams
- butter - 70 grams+one teaspoon to coat
- milk - 100 ml
- cream - 150 grams
- flour - one tablespoon
- pepper - to taste
- salt - half a teaspoon
- First put to boil some water, with a pinch of salt, for the pasta. When it starts to boil cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain and rise them with cold water.
- Peel the mushrooms and slice them. Do the same with the prosciutto slices and finely chop the onion.
- Grate the Emmentaler on the bigger part of the grater.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter in a pan and fry the onion. After it had soften add mushroom slices. In the end add prosciutto and let it on the stove for another five minutes.
- Make some sauce by meting a tablespoon of butter in a heavy sauce pan. Add one tablespoon of flour and mix very well. You will have a very think mixture that you have to thin with milk, adding it bit by bit, and mixing very well. Then add cream, Emmentaler and four tablespoons of Parmesan. Stir very well the thick sauce and take it of the stove when all the ingredients have blended.
- Melt the remaining butter and add bread crumbs. Let them roast for five minutes. Take the pan off the stove and stir in the remaining Parmesan.
- Heat your oven.
- Mix the boiled pasta with the cooked mushrooms mixture and cheese sauce.
- Prepare one tray by coating it with one teaspoon of butter. Add the pasta.
- Over the pasta add, in an even layer, the cooked breadcrumbs.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, on medium heat.
Enjoy your meal!