Nachos are among the most popular Mexican dishes. You can make nachos by cutting tortillas in triangles or make them from nachos “dough” which is the recipe i’m about to write now. You know that nachos are the best snacks out there, whether you are watching a movie or making snacks for your barbeque.
Apparently nachos come from a town in Mexico (what a surprize right?:))) and were invented by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya. This guy worked in a hotel when he got a few unexpected guests which he had to feed. The only problem was that he didn't had too much stuff in his kitchen, only a few tortillas and some cheese. He sliced the tortillla in triangles, grated some cheese over it, added some sliced chilli and cooked it a bit in the oven.
So this is how our lovely nachos were invented!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 10
- Allergens : Flour
This is how you make them:
- Mix cornflour with salt and flour. Then start adding water bit by bit.
- You should have a pretty thick mixture.
- After you finished making the dough prepare two large plastic foils.
- Put on one plastic foil half of the quantity of dough. Arrange the second foil of plastic over the dough and start rolling it into a thin sheet.
- Remove the first layer of plastic foil and start cutting the dough into squares. Then cut each square in traingles. Be carefull to remove the second layer of plastic foil.
- In a pan heat about 200 ml of oil and fry your nachos on both sides until golden and crunchy. Fry them for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve them hot with different types of sauces.
Enjoy your Nachos!