Onion rings are a very popular fast food dish. These rings are very popular and common in countries like UK, US, Canada, Australia or Ireland. Along with buffalo wings they are very commonly served in bars as snacks.
Onion Rings Video Recipe
Onion rings are super easy to do, not very healthy due to the fact that are deep fried, but for onion lovers these are the perfect starter.
All you need is onion and a few ingredients for the crust. I made the crust from flour and beer, but you can also make it from bread crumbs.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 6
- Allergens : Flour
- Peel and wash the onion (do not slice it in half).
- Using a knife slice the onion in medium slices. Separate the rings very carefully not to break them.
- Mix the flour with salt and baking powder, then add beer bit by bit. You should obtain a thick batter.
- Coat each onion ring with plenty of batter.
- Heat about two inches of cooking oil in pan and, after it has heated, fry the onion rings, on both sides, until nice and crispy.
- Serve them warm with your favorite sauce.
Enjoy your meal!