Pasta recipes are the perfect choice for hot sunny days, when you don’t want to spend to much time in the kitchen making heat and stuff like that but want to have a healty and simple meal. So outside beeing so hot (at least here where i am) i decided to show you guys my Pasta with veggies recipe.
Pasta with Veggies Video Recipe
Due to the fact that it is summer you should be able to find all sorts of fresh and crunchy produce in the farmers market. I decided to make pasta with mushrooms, green onion, broccoli, zucchini and red capsicum. You can add all the veggies you want in this recipe. Probably most of them will work.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Use any kind of pasta you want. I chose to use whole grain pasta without eggs. Also i made my pasta vegetarian.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package, in plenty of water with a pich of salt.
- Meanwhile chop the veggies as you like'em: i sliced my mushrooms, i cut the zucchini in half and slice it and finely minced the green onions and capsicum, then i separeted the broccoli florets from the head.
- In a big pan heat the olive oil and fry the onion, pepper, zucchini and mushrooms just for 5 minutes until they soften a bit.
- After the pasta has boiled, drain and rince it.
- Add broccoli, salt, pepper, basil, mashed garlic and mix. Let them cook for a couple of minutes, then add lime zest, lime juice and green onion.
- Mix all of the ingredients and add pasta.
- Serve the warm.
Enjoy your Pasta with veggies!