Well since i posted the recipe for pizza dough and pizza sauce it was time to post the recipe for a hole pizza. The recipe is for Pizza Capricciosa, a classic pizza, that we find on the menus of every pizza place, or restaurant. And since lately i was in a pizza craving period i am warning you that there are more pizza recipes coming.
Pizza Capricciosa is a pizza that has tomato pizza sauce, prosciutto, olives, mushrooms and, as a traditional ingredient, artichokes.
Artichoke is a Mediterranean vegetable and in Spain and Italy there are great culinary holidays dedicated to this vegetable. I used artichoke that came in a jar, preserved in oil.
Make the pizza dough according to this recipe here. I baked my pizza Capricciosa in a round 30 cm tray, for which 100-150 grams of raw dough were enough (for a thin dough)
If you want to make home made pizza sauce you have the recipe here.
- Grate the mozzarella on the bigger part of the grater.
- Peel the mushroom and slice it.
- I used pitted black olives and i sliced them.
- Roll the pizza dough, on a floured working surface, in a shape similar to the tray. Arrange the dough in the tray.
- Coat the dough with pizza sauce, sprinkle grated mozzarella, arrange prosciutto slices, mushrooms and olives. If you wish, at the end, sprinkle some more mozzarella on top.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve it warm with pizza sauce.
Enjoy your pizza!
- If you want the pizza dough to be the exact shape and size as the tray, when rolling the pizza dough, simply flip over the tray and place it on the sheet of dough. The cut around it and you will have the perfect round dough.
Pizza Capricciosa Video Recipe