Here i am with the most beloved dough recipe in the whole world, pizza dough. The modern pizza was invented, or actually became popular, in Naples, Italy. Pizza dough is basically a very thin bread dough, or thicker (depending on the pizza), rolled in a round shape. Obviously there are countless versions of dough that include ingredients like eggs, spices, cheese and others.
Pizza dough is actually found as a basic recipe in a wide variety of cuisines and cultures all through the world. Countries like Mexico, Sweden, Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, Pakistan, Greece and many others have their own version of pizza dough.
We've all seen in movies, or maybe in real live, a very skilled chef that turns around in the air a perfect pizza dough. Well i'm not that good yet, but i'm writing today a great pizza dough recipe, with guaranteed success.
I chose to cook this pizza dough (along with different toppings) in round trays (30 cm in diameter). If you don't have one, bake the pizza in a regular tray. The bigger the tray the faster the cooking.
In this post i am going to show how to make basic pizza dough on top of which you can add all the ingredients you like. In future posts i am going to show you how to make different types of classical pizzas.
- Prep Time : 40 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 5
- Allergens : Flour
- First of all prepare the leaven. Crush the yeast and mix it with sugar, a pinch of salt, two tablespoons of water and one of flour. Stir and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Add the risen leaven over the flour and mix it a little. Add water bit by bit. The dough will start to form.
- After you finished blending in all the water add oil.
- Knead the dough very well for another 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rise, in a warm place, covered with a towel, until it doubles in size (about 30 minutes). I usually let it rise until i finish preparing my toppings.
- From this quantities i baked four, 30 cm, round pizzas. To make the perfect thin pizza dough you have to use for one 30 cm tray about 100-150 grams of dough.
- Bake the dough along with the desired toppings and sauces for 15 minutes.
Enjoy your pizza!
Pizza Dough Video Recipe