As i was writing in my last post about pizza, i had a week in which i was in the mood to cook only pizza. It happens i guess. So i tried to make, as original as possible, a few recipes of the most popular recipes of pizza.
Pizza Quattro Stagioni Video Recipe
So today i am writing the recipe for Pizza Quattro Stagioni, which in Italian means "four seasons". The four toppings on this pizza, arranged each in a quarter of the pizza, represent each season of the year. Artichokes represent spring, olives-summer, mushrooms-autumn and prosciutto-winter.
Pizza Quattro Stagioni, or "four seasons", is one of the most popular pizzas in Italy. What is so special about this pizza is that it is divided in four quarters, separated by two long, thin dough rolls. In each quarter stays a different topping.
Prepare the dough according to the recipe here. The quantities in the recipe are for five 30 cm pizza, or for two big pizzas baked in the oven tray. Adjust the quantities of the ingredients according to the number of pizzas you want to make.
- So make the dough according to the recipe. Sprinkle some flour on the working surface. Roll the dough in a round shape, similar to the tray in which you are going to bake it. Save a bit of dough for the two rolls (the size of a tennis ball). If you want the sheet of dough to be the same size as the tray in which you are going to bake it, flip the tray over the rolled sheet of dough and cut around it to have the same size and shape.
- Arrange the dough in the tray. Divide the spared dough. From each half make a long, thin roll the same size as the diameter of the pizza.
- Arrange the two rolls over the pizza, dividing it in four quarters.
- Coat each quarter with pizza sauce and sprinkle grated mozzarella.
- Arrange each topping in its own quarter.
- At end sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top.
- Bake the pizza in the heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve it warm with pizza sauce.
Enjoy your pizza!