Pizza sauce is an ingredient without which pizza isn’t complete. It’s added over the pizza dough, before all types of toppings, or it’s served along with baked pizza. I’ve noticed there are very few restaurants, or pizza places, that offer you their home made pizza sauce. Mostly i’ve been served store bought pizza sauce, ketchup or raw plain tomato juice with a few spices.
It is so easy to do it's not even worth buying it from the store. I mean if you are willing to spend a while in the kitchen making home made pizza why not make home made sauce instead of using ketchup?
Don't get me wrong. I love ketchup (especially with fries, burgers or in hot dogs), but you can't compare it with real pizza sauce made with your hands in the kitchen. Obviously it's a lot healthier.
Check it out!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Allergens : Tomatoes
- Pour tomato juice in a tall, heavy sauce pan, and bring a lid closer. Add over it all the spices.
- Stir very well so all the spices blend.
- Put the pot on the stove, on medium heat.
- Cover with a lid (it tends to spill a lot) and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes have passes taste it for seasoning and remove the bay leaves.
- If you want your sauce to be spicier add hot paprika, or chilli flakes, or hot chili sauce, according to your taste.
- I prefer to add a teaspoon of sugar because i find tomato juice to be too sour.
- Let it cool a bit and serve it with your favorite pizza.
Enjoy your home made pizza!
Pizza Sauce Video Recipe