Lamb is one of my favorite types of meat. When cooked properly it’s tender, delicious, sweet, savory and other compliments like that. One of my favorite ways of cooking lamb is nicely roasted in the oven with plenty of garlic, wine and pepper.
Roasted Lamb Video Recipe
Did you know that the meat coming from a sheep younger than one year old is called lamb?
Actually lamb and mutton is a very popular meat in different parts of the world like Greece, Turkey, North Africa, Middle East, Europe, America, etc. I've just came back from Greece where i ate roasted lamb, barbecued lamb and a very interesting dish called Kokoretsi which is grilled lamb liver wrapped in lamb/mutton casings. This is also a popular dish in the Turkish cuisine.
Lamb is a very popular meat included in religious feasts such as Easter.
But let's talk about the lamb roast now:
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 01h 30min
- Yield : 5
- Slice the garlic and green garlic.
- Make small cuts in the lamb shoulder, many cuts on all sides in which put slices of regular garlic (not the green one).
- Add all the spices in a mortar/bowl and mix them very well. Add a bit of olive oil and wine and stir very well.
- Coat the meat, on all sides, with the spices mixture.
- Arrange the meat in a tray and cover it with the slices of green garlic.
- Add in the tray the rest over the wine and olive oil, over the meat.
- If you feel it's not enough liquid in the tray add a cup of water.
- Roast the meat in the heated oven until it's nice and roasted and your kitchen smells delicious. From 15 minutes to 15 minutes take the meat out of the oven and coat it with the sauce from the tray. When the meat has roasted on top, turn it and let it roast on the other part, then turn it again.
- Simply bake it, for a couple of hours, on medium heat, until it's nice, done and roasted.
- Serve it warm with green salad.
Enjoy your Roasted lamb!