I looked a long time for a recipe that combined anchovy and capers, ingredients i had left over from previous recipes. I didn’t find any that would completely satisfy me so i mixed some of the ingredients i had in the kitchen.
Tell me if you guys like it.
All you need for this recipe is some pasta (i used spaghetti, use any kind you like), capers, anchovy, spices, capsicum and a few more ingredients. And if you have some more anchovy fillets you can make some toast coated with butter and anchovy on top. Delicious and salty as well.
- spaghetti - 160 grams
- red capsicum - a half
- yellow capsicum - a half
- garlic - three cloves
- hot pepper - to taste
- olive oil - two tablespoons
- red wine - 60 ml
- white wine - 60 ml
- basil - fresh, a few leaves
- rosemary - dried, one teaspoon
- anchovy fillets - 25 grams
- tomatoes - canned and chopped, 200 grams
- capers - one tablespoon
- parsley - fresh, a few leaves
- onion - one piece
- olives - green, 10 pieces
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Put some water to boil for the pasta with a pinch of salt. Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Then drain them and rinse with cold water.
- While the water boils start chopping. Cut the red and yellow capsicum in cubes, finely chop the onion, garlic and hot pepper, and slice the olives. Roughly chop the anchovy fillets and finely cut the parsley and dill.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the onion, chopped capsicum, garlic and hot pepper. Once they soften you can add the canned tomatoes. The white wine, red wine, parsley and basil. Stir and let them boil a little.
- The next step is to add capers, olives, anchovy, rosemary and pepper. Be careful with the salt because the anchovy is pretty salty.
- Mix well and let it boil for another 2 minutes and then add the spaghetti.
- Mix the spaghetti with the sauce.
- Serve them warm with some parsley on top.
Enjoy your meal!