Strawberry mousse is a very popular desert in my family. It’s really easy to do, very light, the combination of whipped cream and strawberries is light as a cloud. There are two ways of making strawberry mousse: one recipe is made with beaten egg whites and strawberries, and another recipe that combines beaten egg whites, whipped cream and strawberries, like the one i’m about to write.
I chose to add whipped cream to make the mousse fluffier.
As i've i sad it's super easy to do. It would be a shame that now that the strawberries are fresher than ever not to use them in recipes like jam, preserves, cakes, cupcakes, milkshakes, ice cream and so on.
So about the Strawberry mousse:
- Mince the strawberries first. I chose to mince them using a fork. You can just chop them or blend them, but i think by blending them they might get too mushy.
- Beat egg whites into a heavy foam and mix them with the sugar. Add minced strawberries and mix it a bit longer.
- In a different bowl beat the liquid cream. Add the cream over the beaten egg whites cream.
- Cool it for 30 minutes before serving.
- I chose to serve my Strawberry mousse with two viennese wafers and a fresh strawberry.
Enjoy your Strawberry mousse!