Stuffed eggs or Devilled eggs are a great starter for special meals. Until now i just stuffed my boiled eggs with a mixture of pate and boiled egg yolk. But recently one friend gave me the idea to make the eggs look like chickens. They turned out great and very tasty.
You can stuff the eggs with different combinations according to your taste. I found one recipe of stuffed eggs with salmon. So use your imagination to make the craziest starters for your family and guests.
This time i stuffed the eggs with chicken pate, boiled eggs yolks and mayo.
- eggs - six pieces
- For stuffing:
- chicken liver pate - 150 grams
- Dijon mustard - one teaspoon
- For mayo:
- eggs - two pieces
- cooking oil - 100 ml
- lemon juice - to taste
- dijon mustard - one teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- To decorate:
- cottage cheese - 100 grams
- carrot - one piece
- red capsicum - one piece
- peppercorns - 24 corns
- parsley - fresh, a few leaves
- toothpicks - 12 pieces
- First of all put the eggs to boil. Hard boil them. It should take 7-8 minutes.
While the eggs boil prepare the stuffing:
- Make some mayo from two egg yolks according to this recipe for mayo.
- After the eggs are boiled and you let them cool a bit, peel them. After that cut them in half. Using a teaspoon remove the egg yolks and add them over the mayo. Add the liver pate and Dijon mustard and blend every thing using a mixer.
- Fill the space left by the egg yolks in the egg whites with the cream made earlier. Arrange the filled egg whites bottoms up, with the filling facing the tray, or the plate you are using.
Now to decorate:
- From the cottage cheese make small balls that will form the chicken's head. Break a toothpick in half and secure the head over the egg white at one end.
- Using peppercorns make the eyes. From very small slices of carrot make the beak and from tiny slices of carrot make the comb.
- With two leaves of parsley make the wings.
- Sprinkle over the chickens some minced parsley.
- Let them cool in the fridge a while before serving.
Enjoy your meal!
Stuffed Eggs with Chicken Liver Pate – Devilled Eggs Video Recipe