One of my favorite vegetables in the world is the mushroom. So you can imagine i cook it every chance i get. Stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cheese is a great starter or side dish, very easy to do and super tasty. As a side dish goes very well with pot roast and fish.
Stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cheese Video Recipe
You can make this recipe vegetarian if you make it with veggies instead of bacon and cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 8
- I washed the mushrooms and peeled them. I carefully removed the stub and peeled it. I chopped all the stubs into little pieces.
- I bought bacon already cut into slices that i chopped smaller and i grated the cheese.
- Now after i had all my ingredients prepared it is time to fill the mushrooms. Using a teaspoon i buttered the interior of the mushroom and added bacon, grated cheese, a small pinch of salt and pepper, finely cut stubs and parmesan. I didn't add to much salt because the cheese and parmesan were already pretty salty.
- On a tray covered with baking paper i arranged all my stuffed mushrooms. I baked them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!
- Try to choose big mushrooms so you have enough room to fill them. Also mushrooms tend to shrink in the oven and after 20 minutes you risk to remain with half of your mushrooms.