Ragu alla Blognese is a famous italian sauce. This sauce comes from Bologna region in Italy, where it takes it’s name. Traditionally this sauce is served with penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle or in lasagna.
The first historical documentation of this sauce is in 1891, in a cooking book. Meanwhile different variations of this sauce appeared which determined the Italian Academy of Cuisine to register the recipe for original ragu alla bolognese with the Bologna Chamber of Commerce.
- tagliatelle - 200 grams
- dry red wine - 100 ml
- olive oil - 50 ml
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- milk - 100 ml
- onion - one piece
- parmesan - four tablespoons
- tomato puree - one tablespoon
- carrot - one piece
- garlic - two cloves
- celery root - one piece
- tomatoes - 300 grams, canned
- minced beef - 500 grams
- Finely mince the onion and garlic. Grate the carrot and celery root.
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil and saute the vegetables.
- Bring some water to boil with a pinch of salt for the tagliatelle.
- After the veggies have softened add the minced meat. When it changed it's color add red wine and let it evaporate.
- Boil the tagliatelle in the hot water according to the instructions on the package.
- When the meat is cooked add the tomato puree, canned tomatoes and milk.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tagliatelle and mix.
- Serve them warm with parmesan sprinkled on top and a glass of red wine.
Enjoy your meal.