This tangerine cake is a very tasty and handsome cake. It is tasty because you will be using all the right quality ingredients and it is handsome because of the caramelized sugar circles and swirls on top of it. This cake is perfect to ake when you have friends over and want to impress them
Tangerines are a good source of vitamin C, folate and beta-carotene. As you've probably noticed before, tangerines, are very similar to mandarin oranges.
- Peel each tangerine and separate them in half. Prepare a syrup by mixing sugar and water. Put the mixture on the stove and keep mixing until the sugar melts. After that turn the heat off. Add tangerines, cover them with syrup, and let them like this for a couple of hours.
- After those two hours have passed, put the tangerines in a strainer and let them drain until further use.
- Separate the eggs whites for the egg yolks. Mix the egg yolks with honey.
- Over the egg yolk cream add flour, bit by bit, and then liquid cream.
- Then mince the wallnuts.
- After this you should meat the chocolate at bain marie. Which means you should get a pot, fill it with water, then take a smaller pot, put it on top of the one with water, and put the chocolate in it. Put both pots on the stove on medium heat. Mix the chocolate until it melts, the take it off the stove.
- Add metted chocolate and wallnuts over the egg yolk cream.
- Beat the egg whites, with a pinch of salt, into a heavy foam. Add this foam over the cream and mix very well. The sponge batter is done.
- Pour the cream into a round spring tray coated with oil. Bake the sponge in the heated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test. After the sponge has cooked, let it cool and take it out of the tray.
- Meanwhile make the syrup. In a small pot mix sugar with water and rum essence. Put the pot on the stove and keep mixing until the sugar dissolves. After that take the syrup off the stove and moist the sponge with it.
- After this arrange the tangerine halfs on the sponge.
- Put the 300 gr of sugar in a heavy sauce pan. Put it on the stove, on medium heat, and let it for about 20 minutes until the sugar starts caramelizing.
- Then let the caramelized sugar cool for about 5-10 minutes. Then take a teaspoon, put it in the caramelized sugar and start decorating the sugar with it, making sugar threads.
- Serve your cake with plenty of apetite.
Enjoy your Tangerine cake!