Tomatoes filled with cream cheese are a super easy to do and tasty starter. It is best to do them in the summer when the tomatoes are fresh and tasty. Well now it is winter so i made them with imported tomatoes. Not as tasty but the starter came out great anyways.
I decided to fill them with a mixture of cream cheese, fresh dill and garlic. I think it might work as well with cottage cheese. Adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 5
- Allergens : Tomatoes
- Cut the stubs from the tomatoes. Using a tablespoon remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle some salt in the tomatoes and let them drain upside down.
- Finely chop the dill and basil.
- Add over the cream cheese chopped dill and basil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir everything very well.
- Use a teaspoon and fill the tomatoes with cream.
Enjoy your meal!
Tomatoes filled with Cream Cheese Video Recipe