Apple pie is one of the most popular pies all over the world together with cheese pie. This time i decided to show you guys how to make a very tasty Vegetetarian apple pie.
Vegan apple pie Video Recipe
It is easy to do and you can make it even if you are not a vegetarian, the dough it's much lighter than the one with eggs.
Instead of eggs i used yeast to make sure my dough rises nice.
Let's see how to make Vegetarian apple pie:
How to make the dough:
- First prepare the leaven. Crumble the yeast with a fork and mix it with sugar, salt, two tablespoons of flour and two of water. Mix and let it rise for ten minutes.
- Put the rest of the flour in a large bowl and make a little deep in the middle. Add the leaven, start mixing and add hot water bit by bit.
- After the dough started forming add the oil and knead.
- Let the dough rise for half an hour. While the dough rises prepare the apple filling:
- Grate the apples on the bigger part of your grater.
- Add the minced apples in a big pot along with the sugar. Keep them on the stove until all the syrup evaporates. It should take about 15 minutes.
- Take the apple filling off the stove and add in it cinnamon, vanilla and rum essence. Mix it and it's done.
Assamble your pie:
- Flour your work surface. Knead the dough a little bit. Cut it in three equal parts.
- From each part roll a 1cm thich sheet of dough, similar to the tray in which you are going to bake the pie.
- Put the first sheet of dough into a tray covered with baking paper.
- Sprinkle a little bit of semolina and even half of the apple filling.
- Put the second sheet of dough, sprinkle the rest of the semolina on top and arrange the rest of the apple filling.
- At the end arrange the third sheet of dough.
- Bake the pie in the heated oven, on medium heat, for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve it.
Enjoy your Vegetarian Apple Pie!