I’ve tasted the fluffy texture of this lovely, simple cake, at my friend Valentina’s birthday and i’ve remained impressed with this cake. I’ve asked her for the recipe and i finaly got it after a few months of asking. I’ve made the cake, film it and now i am writing the recipe. I say this is a cake that deserves to be made.
For this cake you should make a sponge fluffy as a pink cloud, flavored with all sorts of ingredients you can find below. Then you have to make up some whipped cream and this is basically the cake. All the awesomeness of this cake comes from the sponge so prepare:
- Mix the flour with salt and baking powder.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Put them in two different bowls. Beat the whites with half of the sugar in a thick foam. From the yolks make yourself an omelette because you don't need to use the for the cake, or just use them in another recipe, like mayo or so.
- Cut the butter into small little cubes and mix it with the rest of the sugar.
- Add to the butter cream flour and milk, bit by bit. Add once flour, once milk and so on until you finish both ingredients and the sponge mixture starts to look like sponge.
- At the end add egg whites foam, vanilla essence and almond essence. Mix the sponge and it's ready.
- Bake the sponge in a round spring pan coated with a little bit of oil. Bake it in the heated oven, at medium heat, for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let the sponge cool completely after it is baked.
- While the sponge bakes prepare the whipped cream.
Filling and assambling the cake:
- All the liquid cream is beaten all at once using a mixer until it hardens.
- Slice the cooled sponge in half making two layers.
- Put the first layer of sponge on a nice serving plate. On top of it layer nicely half of the whipping cream. Put on top of it the second layer of sponge.
- Cover and decorate the cake with whipped cream.
- I've decorated my cake with a few mint leaves and a fresh strawberry.
- Let in the fridge for one hour before slicing it.
Enjoy your White cake!